Dear Friend of Film Forum:
At Film Forum, we are concerned with the big picture as well as the small details that make seeing a movie at our cinema a beautiful experience. We have a $4.6 million budget, but only a small part of it goes toward overhead expenses. Our most recent audit reports that 80% of our budget goes toward putting great independent movies and classic cinema on screen for your delight.
For us to continue thinking big while operating small, we need your help. Please make a 100% tax-deductible donation to Film Forum's small is beautiful campaign.
Your donation of $10, $15, $25, $50 or more lets us provide New Yorkers with movie-going experiences such as:
- attending a classic restoration of STEAMBOAT BILL, JR with live piano by Steve Sterner
- participating in a Q & A with magician Ricky Jay at the New York premiere of DECEPTIVE PRACTICE
- listening to Bruce Weber - in person - explain what it was like to work with legendary jazz great Chet Baker during the making of LET’S GET LOST
- enjoying delicious, fresh popcorn during each show
- introducing your child to beautifully projected classics starring The Marx Brothers, Shirley Temple, Errol Flynn, and Judy Garland in our Film Forum Jr. series, Sunday mornings
- not sitting through on-screen commercials for Cadillacs, insurance, or selling your gold
We hope these small details make your experience at Film Forum beautiful.
Film Forum is a non-profit organization and relies on over $1.5 million annually in private and public support. Each year, over 500 people make small contributions that constitute 57% of the total number of donors who underwrite the Film Forum experience.
Paying by check? Please make payment to: Film Forum, Inc. and mail to:
Share this with your friends!
Attn: small is beautiful
209 West Houston Street
New York, NY 10014
Please help us by sharing Film Forum's small is beautiful campaign on Facebook and Twitter through the buttons below. And follow the campaign on Film Forum’s Facebook page and @FilmForumNYC on Twitter using #smallisbeautifulFF.
Every 100th donor will receive a complimentary, one-year membership to Film Forum at the $250 level. This membership will give recipients access to discounted movie tickets and merchandise, invitations to Film Forum's annual spring brunch and much more! Throughout the campaign, we will announce the winners on Facebook and Twitter.
Many thanks and best wishes for the new year,
If this page does not display correctly, it is available online at http://www.filmforum.org/newsletter/small2013a2.html