Individual Giving Associate
Film Forum seeks a creative, organized, and motivated Individual Giving Associate for its fundraising department. This full-time position reports to the Director of Development and supports the organization’s efforts to increase and diversify its contributed revenue, focusing primarily on individual giving.
- Execute the creation of materials, mailing lists, and roll-out schedule for at least (2) fundraising campaigns/appeals per year
- Coordinate with outside vendors for design and direct mail
- Assist in the strategy and create copy for email and social media campaigns.
- Coordinate all logistics for at least (5) annual events per year.
- Create mailing lists and mailed and emailed invitations.
- Maintain RSVP list and distribute event timeline to all staff.
Database Management and Research:
- Assist Director of Development in maintaining the moves management system.
- Conduct list management for mailings and emails.
- Perform data analysis on donor segments.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Work with IT Manager to troubleshoot database issues.
- Manage all processes in Tessitura, our donor database.
- Assist in coordinating (3) board meetings and (2) advisory committee meetings per year.
- Maintain donor listings for all print materials and the web.
- Create presentation materials for board meetings, donor visits, and other meetings.
- Manage donor acknowledgment letters.
- Attend weekly meetings and debrief senior leadership on projects.
- Work collegially with staff across departments.
- Steward Young Film Forum, an affinity group for members in their 20s and 30s.
- Keep abreast of Tessitura updates and new developments.
- Support all Film Forum fundraising efforts, as needed.
Qualifications and Skills:
- BA with at least 2 years of experience in a nonprofit fundraising environment.
- Experience with major gift prospect research, creating online/direct mail appeals, and with social media fundraising campaigns.
- Highly-organized and enthusiastic with the ability to problem-solve and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team-player.
- Sense of humor a must.
- Passion for film, arts and culture a plus.
- Strong computer skills: MS Office & database experience required, knowledge of Tessitura and iWave preferred.
- Availability on evenings and weekends for a small number of events.
Salary: $50,000 plus full benefits package, including 100% paid medical insurance
To apply: Email resume, cover letter, two writing samples and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No calls or faxes accepted. EOE.