From JOHN AND KAREN, directed by Matthew Walker, an Arthur Cox Production for Channel 4.
You may have heard that Film Forum is renovating and building a 4th screen. While our expansion is a large undertaking for us, it is very small compared to other non-profit arts organizations. Several behemoth, multi-million dollar New York City cultural projects are being delayed, rethought, or scrapped altogether.
We believe in thinking small and not engaging in cultural hubris.
Please consider making a 100% tax-deductible gift to our small is beautiful campaign.
Hundreds of small donations add up to beautiful things for our cinema and our audience.
Your donation pays for:
- Repertory programs that present restored prints from archives around the world; festivals like The Brit New Wave and Ford to City: Drop Dead, New York in the 70s with MEAN STREETS, KLUTE, and DOG DAY AFTERNOON
- Premieres of documentaries, foreign art features, and American independents like our box office record-breaking I AM NOT YOUR NEGRO by Raoul Peck and the acclaimed German comedy TONI ERDMANN (both Oscar nominees)
- A membership program that is still the best deal in town with a price that is 1/3 off for both seniors and students
- Discount admission for everyone for our Sunday Film Forum Jr. matinees
- Live piano accompaniment for silent classics such as SPEEDY, PANDORA'S BOX, and BEGGARS OF LIFE
- Attendance by our programmers at important film festivals in the US and abroad, allowing them to select the best, most exciting new work
- Appearances and special events featuring: filmmakers, experts, and critics, most recently with: Fred Wiseman, Stevie Van Zandt, Okwui Okpokwasili, Wendy Whelan, Bruce Weber, Tony Palmer, Joan Micklin Silver, Amy Irving, Jerry Schatzberg, and Tony Roberts.
Paying by check? Please make payment to: Film Forum, Inc. and mail to:
Attn: small is beautiful
209 West Houston Street
New York, NY 10014
Thank you for your kind support.