SON OF SAUL
Final Day - Thursday, March 3
DIRECTED BY LÁSZLÓ NEMES
Winner of the Grand Prize at the 2015 Cannes Film Festival, this acclaimed Hungarian drama, set in Auschwitz, is directed and co-written by László Nemes and stars Géza Röhrig as a member of the camp’s Sonderkommando unit (Jewish prisoners who were forced to lead fellow victims to the gas chambers).
Click here to watch Charlie Rose’s interview with filmmaker László Nemes and star Géza Röhrig.
Grand Prix - 2015 Cannes Film Festival
Best Foreign Language Film – National Board of Review, New York Film Critics Online
Best First Film – New York Film Critics Circle
Best Actor – Village Voice Critics’ Poll
BEST FILMS OF 2015!
▪ J. Hoberman, Tablet ▪ Joe Morgenstern, The Wall Street Journal
▪ Joshua Rothkopf, Time Out New York ▪ Chris Nashawaty, Entertainment Weekly
▪ Richard Lawson, Vanity Fair ▪ Eric Kohn, Indiewire ▪ The Playlist (Indiewire)
▪ Anne Thompson, Thompson on Hollywood (Indiewire)
▪ Sight + Sound ▪ Slant ▪ Rex Reed, New York Observer
and many more!
Presented with generous support from the Joan S. Constantiner Fund for Jewish and Holocaust Film
HUNGARY • 2015 • 107 MINS. • IN HUNGARIAN, GERMAN, AND YIDDISH WITH ENGLISH SUBTITLES • 35mm • SONY PICTURES CLASSICS
“A STARTLING WORK OF GENIUS.”