Our endowment was seeded by a grant from the Ford Foundation in 2000. Earnings from the endowment support Film Forum’s programming and operations. Donors may make endowment gifts for ongoing general support or create endowed funds for specific types of films with gifts of $100,000 or more.
Our endowed funds are invested together, and currently include:
• The Joan S. Constantiner Fund for Jewish and Holocaust Films, donated by Leon Constantiner and Family
• The Richard Brick, Geri Ashur, and Sara Bershtel Fund for Social Justice Documentaries
• The R.G. Rifkind Foundation Endowment for Queer Cinema
• The George Fasel Memorial Fund for Classic French Cinema
• The Helen Frankenthaler Endowed Fund for Films on Art
• The Roy Lichtenstein Foundation Fund
• The Robert Jolin Osborne Fund for American Classic Cinema of the 1930s, ‘40s, and ‘50s
• The Diana King Memorial Fund
• The Robert E. Appel Fund for Spanish and Portuguese Language Films
• The Ada Katz Fund for Literature in Film
• Anonymous Fund
Film Forum recognizes endowed funds on screen prior to those films they support as well as on the films’ written and digital materials, such as the website and press releases. For more information, please contact Mary Ellen Obias, Director of Development, at (212) 627-2035 x225 or firstname.lastname@example.org.