- Ticket prices & discount ticket information
- Senior citizen discount
- Student discount
- Group sales
- Ticket sales policy
- Double feature ticket policy
- Online ticketing
- Reprinting a ticket purchased online
- Payment methods
- ATM locations near Film Forum
Tickets can be purchased: online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year or at the box office every day starting at 12:00 pm, and 10:30 am Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming. To purchase online, simply click the BUY TICKETS link next to the film you wish to see (button displays as soon as tickets are available for that film), or click the BUY TICKETS NOW button in the right-hand navigation bar to see this week’s schedule and purchase tickets there.
Tickets are available for purchase at the box office with cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Film Forum gift cards only. Ticket purchases may also be made through our website with a credit card.
Our box office is located at 209 West Houston Street, between 6th Avenue & Varick Street (7th Avenue), and opens at 12:00 PM, and 10:30 AM Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming.
Ticket prices & discount ticket information
Tickets are $15.
A reduced ticket price of $9 is available for:
These discounts are made possible, in part, with the generous support of Con Edison, and by public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
There are 2 ways senior citizens may save on tickets at Film Forum.
- Senior membership: Those 65+ may purchase a $75 membership at the discounted price of $50. Members receive $9 tickets to any screening, any day of the year. This senior membership special is only available at the box office or online. For more information, call Craig Balan at (212) 627-2035 from Monday through Friday, between 10 AM and 5 PM, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Senior-priced tickets: All Seniors 65+ pay $8 for shows Monday – Friday which begin before 5pm.
Proof of age required to receive these senior discounts.
We understand that many seniors are disappointed with the time limitations of our discount policy. However, we are a nonprofit cinema, offering specialized fare, and thus have to balance our discount policies with financial realities. Unlike movie chains (Clearview Cinemas, Loews, United Artists, Regal and Landmark Cinemas, etc.) we do not generate large profits. We must limit discounted tickets to screenings which are ordinarily less crowded, and evening and weekend shows are inevitably the most crowded.
Students who are currently enrolled in school may purchase a $75 membership at the discounted price of $50. Members receive $9 tickets to any screening, any day of the year. This The student membership is only available at the box office or online. A valid student ID must presented at time of purchase. For more information, call Craig Balan at (212) 627-2035 from Monday through Friday, between 10 AM and 5 PM, or email email@example.com.
We offer a reduced rate of $9 per ticket (vs. $15 regular admission) for school or nonprofit groups. Group sales must be booked in advance. We encourage teachers with students to attend on this basis. Please call Stephanie Gross, (212) 627-2035, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ticket Sales Policy
- All tickets may be purchased at the box office or online, in advance of a film’s engagement as soon as they are programmed into our ticketing system.
- Tickets sold at the box office starting at 12:00 PM, and 10:30 AM Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming.
- No admittance after the first 30 minutes of each film.
- The box office accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express, and Film Forum gift cards only. We do not accept checks for ticket sales.
Double & Triple Features:
Film Forum sometimes presents a “double feature” as part of our repertory program. All double feature programs are clearly marked as such on our website.
A “double feature” is a two-title program that allows the ticket holder to see both films for one admission.
A ticket holder may stay for the next consecutive film in the “double feature” program. (For example: A patron seeing the 3pm ‘Casablanca’ may stay for the 5pm ‘The Big Heat’ … but CANNOT return for the 9:30pm ‘The Big Heat’)
A limited number of double feature tickets will be available for advance purchase online, and at our box office.
All double features are marked on the website with ‘2-for-1’, ‘2 FILMS FOR 1 ADMISSION’ or the wording ‘DOUBLE FEATURE.’ Double Features entitle a ticket holder to stay for the next consecutive film at no additional charge. Keep your ticket stub in a secure place, as you will need it for re-entry for your second movie.
When one-half of a double feature is sold out, we start a standby line outside the box office. People often leave after the first feature, therefore freeing up additional seats. Our ushers count seats and include as many people from the standby line as possible.
The double feature is a tradition that we’re proud to maintain. We've generally gotten very positive feedback from our members and other audience members regarding them, and we’re proud to be the last venue in town offering such a treat to our valued patrons.
Film Forum is now offering tickets sales on the Web at www.filmforum.org, accepting all major credit cards: AMEX, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. There will be a $1.40 service charge per ticket ($1.25 for discount tickets). Tickets for individual shows stop 30 minutes before show time.
- You can print your receipt at a later time if necessary at http://www.printtixusa.com/reprint/. You will need your confirmation number & the last 4 digits of the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST show your membership card at the box office in order to receive the member's discount.
- We will not be selling tickets for double-bills online.
- For all other shows, you will be able to buy tickets for at least 7 days in advance.
- Online sales for tickets for individual shows stop 30 minutes before show time.
- Higher level members ($250 and above) may still avail themselves of telephone reservation privileges without purchasing tickets in advance.
- We cannot exchange tickets or provide refunds. Buy carefully.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST show your membership card at the box office in order to receive the discount.
- To reprint an online ticket confirmation, go to http://www.printtixusa.com/reprint/. You will need your confirmation number & the last 4 digits of the credit card that you used to purchase the tickets.
We look forward to showing you more great movies and hope you will enjoy buying tickets online.
NOTE: ALL ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. Please buy carefully. No refunds or exchanges are allowed. Online ticket sales are provided by PrintTix USA. Please read their refund & exchange policy for more information.
Film Forum accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, American Express and Film Forum gift cards only for tickets at the box office, and for concession items.
We accept checks or money orders for:
Nearby ATM machines
- Deli - West Houston & 6th Ave
- McDonalds - Varick St & Downing [1 block above Houston]
- HSBC Bank - Varick St between Clarkson St & West Houston St
- CITIBANK - Varick St & King St
- West 3rd St & La Guardia Pl
- 7th Ave & NW corner of Christopher St
- CHASE - Hudson St & Charlton St
- NE corner of West 4th St & 6th Ave
- TD Bank - NW corner of Varick St & Charlton
- BANK OF AMERICA - East side of 6th Ave @ West 8th St