For help with Virtual Cinema rentals, please use this contact form.
Due to ongoing COVID-19 concerns, Film Forum is temporarily closed. We are not selling tickets at this time, but we are hopeful that we will show all of our upcoming films in the near future, possibly at other dates than originally announced.
- Ticket sales policy
- Ticket prices & discount ticket information
- Senior citizen discount
- Discount for people with disabilities
- Student discount
- Group sales
- Double feature ticket policy
- Online ticketing
- Reprinting a ticket purchased online
- Payment methods
- ATM locations near Film Forum
Ticket Sales Policy
- ALL TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. No refunds or exchanges.
- All tickets may be purchased at the box office or online, in advance of a film’s engagement as soon as they are programmed into our ticketing system.
- Ticket sales at the box office start at noon Monday through Friday, and 10:30am Saturdays and Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming.
- No admittance after the first 20 minutes of each film.
- The box office accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. We do not accept checks for ticket sales.
Tickets can be purchased: online 24 hours a day, 365 days a year or at the box office every day starting at 12:00pm Monday through Friday, and 10:30am Saturdays and Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming. To purchase online, simply click the BUY TICKETS link next to the film you wish to see (button displays as soon as tickets are available for that film), or click the BUY TICKETS NOW button in the right-hand navigation bar to see this week’s schedule and purchase tickets there.
Tickets are available for purchase at the box office with cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express. Ticket purchases may also be made through our website with a credit card.
Our box office is located at 209 West Houston Street, between 6th Avenue & Varick Street (7th Avenue), and opens at 1:30pm Monday through Friday, at 12pm on Saturday, and 10:30am Sundays during our Film Forum Jr. programming.
Ticket prices & discount ticket information
Tickets are $15.
A reduced ticket price of $9 is available for:
These discounts are made possible, in part, with the generous support of Con Edison, and by public funds from the New York State Council on the Arts with the support of Governor Andrew M. Cuomo and the New York State Legislature, and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs, in partnership with the City Council.
There are 2 ways senior citizens may save on tickets at Film Forum.
- Senior membership: Those 65+ may purchase a $75 membership at the discounted price of $50. Members receive $9 tickets to any screening, any day of the year. This senior membership special is only available at the box office or online. For more information, call Craig Balan at (212) 627-2035 from Monday through Friday, between 10 AM and 5 PM, or email email@example.com.
- Senior-priced tickets: All Seniors 65+ pay $11 for shows Monday – Friday which begin before 5pm.
Proof of age required to receive these senior discounts.
We understand that many seniors are disappointed with the time limitations of our discount policy. However, we are a nonprofit cinema, offering specialized fare, and thus have to balance our discount policies with financial realities. Unlike movie chains (Clearview Cinemas, Loews, United Artists, Regal and Landmark Cinemas, etc.) we do not generate large profits. We must limit discounted tickets to screenings which are ordinarily less crowded, and evening and weekend shows are inevitably the most crowded.
People with Disabilities
There are 2 ways people with disabilities may save on tickets at Film Forum.
- Membership for people with disabilities: Those with government or MTA-issued proof of disability may purchase a $75 membership at the discounted price of $50. Members receive $9 tickets to all screenings, every day of the year. This membership is available at the box office or online.
- Tickets for people with disabilities: Pay $11 for shows Monday – Friday which begin before 5pm.
Government or MTA-issued proof of disability required to receive these discounts.
Students who are currently enrolled in school may purchase a $75 membership at the discounted price of $50. Members receive $9 tickets to any screening, any day of the year. This The student membership is only available at the box office or online. A valid student ID must presented at time of purchase. For more information, call Craig Balan at (212) 627-2035 from Monday through Friday, between 10 AM and 5 PM, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer a reduced rate of $9 per ticket (vs. $15 regular admission) for school or nonprofit groups of 10 or more to matinee screenings, Monday through Thursday. Group sales must be booked in advance. We encourage teachers with students to attend on this basis. Please call Stephanie Gross, (212) 627-2035, or email email@example.com.
Double & Triple Features:
Film Forum sometimes presents a “double feature” as part of our repertory program. All double feature programs are clearly marked as such on our website.
A “double feature” is a two-title program that allows the ticket holder to see both films for one admission.
A ticket holder may stay for the next consecutive film in the “double feature” program. (For example: A patron seeing the 3pm ‘Casablanca’ may stay for the 5pm ‘The Big Heat’ … but CANNOT return for the 9:30pm ‘The Big Heat’)
A limited number of double feature tickets will be available for advance purchase online, and at our box office.
All double features are marked on the website with ‘2-for-1’, ‘2 FILMS FOR 1 ADMISSION’ or the wording ‘DOUBLE FEATURE.’ Double Features entitle a ticket holder to stay for the next consecutive film at no additional charge. Keep your ticket stub in a secure place, as you will need it for re-entry for your second movie.
When one-half of a double feature is sold out, we start a standby line outside the box office. People often leave after the first feature, therefore freeing up additional seats. Our ushers count seats and include as many people from the standby line as possible.
The double feature is a tradition that we’re proud to maintain. We've generally gotten very positive feedback from our members and other audience members regarding them, and we’re proud to be the last venue in town offering such a treat to our valued patrons.
Film Forum is now offering tickets sales on the Web at my.filmforum.org, accepting all major credit cards: AMEX, MasterCard, Visa and Discover. There will be a $1.50 service charge per ticket. Tickets for individual shows stop 30 minutes before show time.
- If you do not own a printer, simply write down the confirmation code & bring that with you to the theater.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST show your membership card at the box office in order to receive the member's discount.
- ALL ONLINE TICKET SALES ARE FINAL. Please buy carefully. No refunds or exchanges are allowed.
- Tickets are usually available for shows at least 7 days in advance.
- Online sales for tickets for individual shows stop 30 minutes before show time.
- Higher level members ($250 and above) may still avail themselves of telephone reservation privileges without purchasing tickets in advance.
- IMPORTANT: You MUST show your membership card at the box office in order to receive the discount.
- A limited number of double feature tickets will be available for advance purchase online, and at our box office.
Film Forum accepts cash, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express for tickets at the box office, and for concession items.
We accept checks or money orders for:
Nearby ATM machines
- Deli - West Houston & 6th Ave
- McDonalds - Varick St & Downing [1 block above Houston]
- HSBC Bank - Varick St between Clarkson St & West Houston St
- CITIBANK - Varick St & King St
- West 3rd St & La Guardia Pl
- 7th Ave & NW corner of Christopher St
- CHASE - Hudson St & Charlton St
- NE corner of West 4th St & 6th Ave
- TD Bank - NW corner of Varick St & Charlton
- BANK OF AMERICA - East side of 6th Ave @ West 8th St